|Display Size||3 in|
|Supported Memory||SDXC Memory Card, SDHC UHS-I Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SD Memory Card, SDXC UHS-I Memory Card|
- Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor realizes beautiful reproduction of human skin, gradation of sky and background blur
- Image-processing engine EXPEED 3 - the same as that used by the Nikon D4 FX-format flagship camera - is employed
- Wide sensitivity range up to ISO 6400 - effective for shooting in dark situations and for moving subjects
- Identifies the situation of the subject precisely for reliable auto control - scene recognition system
- Identifies the light source precisely - auto white balance
- Reproduces brightness as you see it - active D-lighting
- Double countermeasures to reduce image-degrading dust - image sensor cleaning function and airflow control system
- Easier-to-use guide mode that shows you exactly how to take great pictures
- Shooting using viewfinder
- Simple and slim styling with reliable holding and superior operability
- In-camera movie editing functions
- Records movies more beautifully and easily with a D-SLR - Full HD D-movie
Featuring 24.2 effective megapixels, the D3200 employs a Nikon-developed DX-format CMOS image sensor. It achieves high-resolution rendering and rich tonal gradation that smoothly reproduces human skin texture and gradation of sky. Also, utilizing the large sensor of a D-SLR, high-quality still images and movies can be taken with beautiful background blur. The high pixel count of the D3200 is also effective when images are printed. Even when taken still images are trimmed and enlarged, high-resolution image quality is realized with the least degradation.
To process 24.2-megapixel data at high speed, an image-processing engine EXPEED 3, the same as that used by the Nikon D4, that is optimized for D-SLRs is incorporated. EXPEED 3 realizes faithful reproduction of human skin, expanded dynamic range and improved color rendering in Active D-Lighting. With its high-performance noise-reduction function, rich gradation with less noise is achieved even at a high sensitivity range, for both still images and movies.
The D3200 analyzes color and brightness information of the scene utilizing the light source identification function of Scene Recognition System and detects the light source precisely by referencing the in-camera database for auto white balance. In this way, it can determine the ideal white balance even with difficult light sources.
It is difficult to reproduce the brightness of subjects as it appears in such scenes as a dark room including outside scenery seen through a window, high-contrast scenes such as at the seaside under strong sunlight, and backlit situations. The D3200 employs active D-lighting that preserves details in both highlights and shadowy areas in such situations, maintaining moderate contrast. You can reproduce brightness as you see it in both bright and dark situations.
With D-SLRs, it sometimes occurs that dust becomes attached to the OLPF (optical low-pass filter) located in front of the image sensor when exchanging lenses, and is photographed in taken images. To prevent dust from degrading images, the D3200 employs the Image Sensor Cleaning function and Airflow Control System. These double measures effectively reduce the possibility of dust being photographed in the frame, ensuring beautiful images.
The D3200 employs guide mode that enables you to take pictures and movies the way you want, even if you are a first-time user of a D-SLR. By just following the guides displayed in the monitor, a variety of image expression is realized easily, such as "soften background" to emphasize the subject, "capture reds in sunsets", or "take bright/dark photos".
Specifications & descriptions are accurate at the time of publication, but are subject to change without notice.
Image accuracy is not guaranteed.
Please do not rely on the image for your purchase. E&OE.