|Interface Type||Serial Attached SCSI 2|
|Recording Standard||LTO Ultrium 5|
- Native data transfer rate of up to 140 MB/sec
- 6 Gbps SAS attachment support
- A 512 MB internal buffer
- Application managed encryption support for full-high LTO Generation 5 SAS tape drive
- 8 KB cartridge memory with Ultrium 5 media
- Full-high drive form factor
- Two SAS ports per drive to improve availability and attachability
- IBM long term file system partitioning support
- Better integrated electronics using IBM-engineered copper technology
The IBM System Storage TS2350 Tape Drive Express Model S53 delivers IBM tape reliability and performance at open systems prices.
The IBM System Storage TS2350 Tape Drive Express Model S53, (SEO 3580S5X) external stand-alone or rack mountable unit, is designed to offer high capacity and performance for the midrange systems environment. The TS2350 incorporates the Linear Tape-Open (LTO) IBM System Storage Ultrium 5 Full-High Tape Drive, which is designed to provide maximum tape drive throughput native data rate performance of up to 140 MB/sec compared to the IBM TS2240 LTO Full-High Tape Drive (Ultrium 4) at up to 120 MB/sec native data transfer rate.
The TS2350 Model S53 Tape Drive uses a 6 Gbps dual port Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interface for connection to a wide spectrum of system servers. The TS2350 attaches to the IBM System p5, IBM Power System Model p6, and IBM Power System Model p7, and to IBM System x and PC servers.
Specifications & descriptions are accurate at the time of publication, but are subject to change without notice.
Image accuracy is not guaranteed.
Please do not rely on the image for your purchase. E&OE.